Analyze your endurance performance
INSCYD is the most advanced tool to analyze endurance performance in athletes. INSCYD creates a full athlete-specific metabolic performance profile. The INSCYD metrics provide information on energy production, recommendations for training zones, recovery, as well as race planning and fueling, greatly improving training effectiveness and maximization.
One of the best tools that we have started using is the INSCYD testing protocol and software. INSCYD gives a greater range of metrics that are highly precise and of greater use than traditional VO2max or imprecise FTP testing. We believe that every athlete can benefit from INSCYD.
The performance you are looking for is composed of a variety of components and metrics, but if you only focus on FTP, heart rate zones, or keep training only according to your Rate of Perceived Exertion, you’ll miss accuracy and efficiency.
INSCYD takes into account, and connect to one another, the most important metrics for training purposes:
- Anaerobic threshold
- Lactate accumulation and recovery rates
- Fat and carbohydrates combustion
- VLamax (or glycolytic capacity)
VLaMax is the one of the most important and trainable metric you should focus on. You may have never heard of it. Very simply it is a snapshot of how YOUR anaerobic system works and how you generate a given power intensity. Every athlete generates power from both the aerobic and anaerobic systems and as seen below depending on that athlete’s VLaMax they may generate power differently and require different training and recovery to maximize performance and training effectiveness.
Whether you are training for cycling, triathlon or duathlon, marathon, or just want to maximize your personal training and efficiency. INSCYD will be able to give you information to reach that next goal. With INSCYD we are able to make greater recommendations on how to improve your running performance for your next event as well as race pace predictions based on your running economy and testing metrics, and help with nutritional planning for the big event.
Power-Performance Decoder (PPD).
A revolution of performance diagnostics
When it comes to physiological parameters, field tests with powermeters have – up to now – been of very limited use
only. Lab diagnostics were needed to measure aerobic and anaerobic capacities, and fat and carbohydrate
combustion rate. Field testing could – at best – estimate only the athlete’s FTP values, resulting in a very insufficient
way of benchmarking performance. The biggest gap with this approach – all context of understanding how complex
human performance truly is. This has changed! Introducing INSCYD’s Power-Performance Decoder (PPD).
Remote testing – full 360° athletic performance profile within minutes
The Power-Performance Decoder allows coaches to test athletes remotely: outdoor or indoor. Test on their time,
as part of their typical training schedule. Testing is done as part of a regular training session, alone on the road or
trainer. The coach receives the powermeter files of the test session and inputs the data in INSCYD’S scientifically
The first software to combine physiological lab data AND field testing power data
PPD is the first and only tool combining physiological lab data (lactate values or VO2 captured in the lab or field)
with field-tested powermeter data. Up to now, athletes went to a performance diagnostics lab for a lactate or
VO2max test for physiological data. Next, a coach might have them ride a power duration test, outdoors or on a
trainer. The problem? Test results stood separately, without a way to melt them together. There was no way to
capture a complete performance profile. The same athlete was “running on two systems”, until now.
PPD changes this!
By merging physiological test data and field derived powermeter data, it enables coaches and
athletes to see – for the first time – how the bodies energy systems work together, and how they are to be looked at
as a complete unit.
Thoroughly tested by pro teams and coaches
- Derived and based only on fundamental, peer reviewed basic science, INSCYD’s Power-Performance Decoder is
used by the highest ranked cyclists and triathletes around the world. Over the last few months, PPD has been beta
tested by pro teams CCC Team, JUMBO-VISMA, Alpecin-Fenix, SEG Racing as well as by many WorldTour
coaches and coaching businesses. Testing and benchmarking has been done in direct comparison to lactate- and
lab testing, ensuring top-level accuracy is guaranteed, AND validated.
PPD offers up the following data
Maximum aerobic performance (VO2max)
- Maximum glycolytic performance (VLamax)
- Accumulation and recovery of lactate
- Fat and Carbohydrate combustion rates
- Aerobic vs. anaerobic energy contribution ratios
- Anaerobic Threshold
This athlete profile allows coaches to measure and quantify the respective athlete’s unique characteristics, resulting
in a laser focused training plan to improve race performances and help athletes reach goals.
Key facts about Power-Performance Decoder
PPD is unique:
- Accuracy: Standard tolerance is on par with state-of-the-art lab testing, e.g. VO2max divergence is 2.5%, threshold is 2.2% – in line with the most accurate metabolic carts (and without requiring powermeter conversions from lab to training equipment).
- Capture race decisive glycolytic power (VLamax) without the need to visit a lab. The secret weapon of professional coaches is now available to all coaches using INSCYD.
- Reporting – Athletes get a 360-degree physiological assessment
- Coaches can now test remotely – for the first time ever, coaches don’t have to be with their athletes for performance testing. Athletes complete a field test on their own time, alone. When done, the athlete submits the ride file for their coach to input into INSCYD.
- Renders traditional physiological lab testing OBSOLETE – Faster, less expensive, more accurate, all without the overhead of measuring lactate and or VO2
Founded in 2017, INSCYD is the leading scientific software, used by top cycling, triathlon, swim, speed skating, and
rowing teams/federations and coaches. INSCYD has been called the ‘perfect solution to understand how training
effects the adaption of specific physiological systems’ by Dennis Sandig, of German Triathlon Federation. INSCYD
offers coaches and lab owners software for power testing, lactate testing and lab testing (metabolic cart).